CONCEPT NOTE FOR PROPOSED INCDS-UNILAG NIGERIA-CHINA TRADE PROMOTION AND PRODUCT EXHIBITION
Date: December 5th – 7th , 2019
Time: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Venue Multipurpose Hall/Sport Center/UBA Park
Aims and Objectives
The INCDS-UNILAG Trade and Product Exhibition is a platform to showcase and promote Chinese investment and locally produced goods in Nigeria.
It also aimed at:
- To bring Nigerian and Chinese investors together in a more relaxed and conducive environment to discuss business opportunities and identify areas of common interest.
- To discuss and find a common ground and possible ways of addressing the obstacles to exploring and taking advantages of the various opportunities provided by the recent improved relationship between Nigeria and China.
- To provide an opportunity for building trust and confidence among the stakeholders in Nigeria-China business corridor.
- To identify areas of research opportunities for the Institute and the university community and build a collaborative network of engagement and explore the potential benefits of both academic and corporate world for the improving the ties between Nigeria and China.
- Provide opportunities for Chinese companies to showcase their products and provide avenue for Nigerian traders to meet prospective Chinese suppliers, dealers, distributors or agents.
- Provide avenue to business men and women opportunities to improve their brand awareness; change their brand positioning; demonstrate their product; expand to new markets; reach new investors and make product launches.
Who to attend?
- Chinese suppliers, dealers, distributors or agents.
- Nigerian Investors willing to collaborate with Chinese investors.
- Local Manufacturers; Traders; Agents; importers of industrial inputs; Suppliers of components and accessories; Suppliers of services.
- Research and training institutes; Professional associations; Trade promotion organizations; Technical cooperation agencies; Institutions.
- Government Agencies particularly Trade and Investment Promotion Offices.
- Researchers and Academics with patent products to exhibit for possible collaborations and commercialization.
- Students and young entrepreneurs interested in Chinese products, business and educational opportunities.
- Others with special interested in trade mission, cultural business exchange.
- Business 2 Business Trade Promotion Round Table Dialogue.
- Trade Fair and Product Exhibition.
- Venue: A Multiple Purpose hall and the UBA Park in University of Lagos between 2,500m² to 3,500m² excluding conference section.
- Theme: Transiting from Made for Nigeria to Made in Nigeria.
- Proposed Conference Speakers: Chinese Embassy, BRI & FOCAC Country Representative, Vice Chinese Investors Associations, NEPC (Nigerian Export Promotion Council); NIPC (Nigeria investment Promotion Commission); Minister of Trade & Investment; Chinese Embassy and Communities, All OPS (Organized Private Sector) selected top business executives
The benefits for participating includes but not limited to:
- Showcasing its products or services and reach a targeted audience.
- Creating or reinforce the visibility and raise the awareness and interest about its supply capacity.
- Access to business information, opportunities and ideas.
- Identify new potential customers or strengthen relations with the existing ones.
- Establish backward and forward business linkages.
- Become agents for Chinese products, business and educational opportunities.
- Negotiate offers that may result in actual business deals.
- Develop the relationship network.
- Meet potential partners that can lead to business alliances.
- Business exchange and Trade mission to and from China.
Three Days: December 5th – 7th 2019, Time: 9.00am to 6.00pm Daily
- Day 1: Opening ceremony, Policy & Business Roundtable Forum and exhibition.
- Day 2: Full Exhibition.
- Day 3: Exhibition & Closing ceremony.
Target exhibitors: Chinese Investors, Local Investors, SMEs (Small Medium Enterprises), Student Entrepreneurs, selected Bilateral Chambers of Commerce and Women in Trade.
- Type: General.
- Collaborations: ESADC, Confucius institutes, CIADP, Lagos and Ogun Export Free Trade Zones, Chinese Market Operators & OPS organs.
- Promotional Strategies: Unilag Radio & TV, national dailies & media houses, , Digital Marketing, Canvassers for physical marketing, advert in selected newspaper etc.
- Date: August 20, 2019
- Client: Multipurpose Hall/Sport Center/UBA Park
- Category: Events
- Value: December 5 to 7 , 2019